Pumpkin Crunch Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
- 5 Enjoy Life Foods Soft Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies
- ¼ c. toasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 flax eggs (3 T. flax meal with ½ c. + 1 T. hot water)
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- ½ c. sunflower seed oil
- ½ c. mashed banana, approximately 1 banana
- ¾ c. cane sugar
- 2 c. gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 T. apple cider or apple juice
- 1 c. sifted powdered sugar
- ¼ t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. melted vegan margarine
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Brush the inside of a 10 cup bundt pan with oil and sprinkle with Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour Mix to coat. Set aside.
- To make the crunch, use your hands to tear up the Soft Baked Snickerdoodle cookies into a small pieces and mix in the pumpkin seeds. Set aside.
- Mix the cake by adding the flax eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, sunflower seed oil, mashed banana and cane sugar into a large bowl. Whisk until blended.
- In another small bowl whisk together the All-Purpose Flour Mix, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the flour into the pumpkin bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Sprinkle the cookie crumble into the bottom of the bundt pan and then pour the cake batter over the top. Place in the oven to bake for 38-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool inside pan for 20 minutes then invert onto cooling rack, cool completely.
- Lastly, whisk together the apple cider, powdered sugar, cinnamon and melted vegan margarine. Drizzle over the top of the cake and serve!