Apple Cider Glazed Pumpkin Crunch Cakemakes 1 cake
- 5 Enjoy Life Foods Soft Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies
- ¼ c. toasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 flax eggs (3 T. flax meal with ½ c. + 1 T. hot water)
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- ½ c. sunflower seed oil
- ½ c. mashed banana, approximately 1 banana
- ¾ c. cane sugar
- 2 c. gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 T. apple cider or apple juice
- 1 c. sifted powdered sugar
- ¼ t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. melted vegan margarine
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Brush the inside of a 10 cup bundt pan with oil and sprinkle with gluten-free flour to coat. Set aside.
- Create the flax eggs by mixing 3 T. flax meal with ½ c. + 1 T. hot water and set aside to thicken.
- To make the crunch, use your hands to tear up the Soft Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies into small pieces and mix in the pumpkin seeds. Set aside.
- Mix the cake by adding the flax eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, sunflower seed oil, mashed banana, and cane sugar into a large bowl. Whisk until blended.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients – gluten-free flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the pumpkin mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Sprinkle the Snickerdoodle cookie crumble into the bottom of the bundt pan and then pour the cake batter over the top.
- Place in the oven to bake for 38-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool inside the pan for 20 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack, cool completely.
- Lastly, whisk together the apple cider, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and melted vegan margarine. Drizzle over the top of the cake and serve!