Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
EASY APPLE DATE DOUGHNUTS7 apple doughnuts
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mega Chunks
- 3 granny smith apples
- 15 dates
- optional topping: pumpkin seeds & cinnamon
- Slice the apple into thin discs and use an apple corer to remove the center from each disc.
- Remove pits from dates if needed then mash dates together to make a “caramel”.
- Add a thin layer of mashed dates to one surface of an apple disc.
- Sandwich with another apple slice.
- Add half of chocolate to a microwave-safe dish and microwave for ~1 min 30 sec.
- Stir then cover each apple date doughnut in chocolate.
- Set each chocolate-covered apple disc on parchment paper and add toppings if desired.
- Place the apples in the freezer for ~5 min to let the chocolate harden. Or eat them at room temperature.
Recipe credit: Recipe by Cara Lundy @effortless_eats