Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
White Chocolate Lemon Bars (dairy free & gluten free)9 lemon bars
For the crust:
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3 flax eggs (3 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 9 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life White Mini Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and powdered sugar for the crust. Add in the melted vegan butter and mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, make the lemon filling. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, and lemon zest.
- Add in the lemon juice and flax eggs, and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Once the crust is done baking, pour the lemon filling over it. Sprinkle the dairy free White Mini Chips evenly over the top.
- Bake for an additional 40-45 minutes or until the filling is set and the edges are golden brown.
- Let the lemon bars cool completely in the pan before sprinkling with powder sugar and slicing into squares for serving.
- (Optional) Melt ¼ cup Enjoy Life White Mini Chips and drizzle on top.
- Enjoy your White Chocolate Lemon Bars!
Recipe credit: @caitlins_table