Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Gluten-free Vegan Holiday Brownies16 Brownies
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbs. ground flax + 4 Tbs. water. Sit and let thicken 3-10 minutes.)
- ½ cup vegan butter or grass-fed butter melted
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour
- ½ cup cacao powder (regular cocoa powder will also work)
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- ⅛ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Optional Vegan White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- ⅓ cup Enjoy Life Mini White Chocolate Chips
- 2 oz vegan cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup vegan whipped cream or coconut whipped cream
- 3 Tbs. Holiday-colored sprinkles or crushed peppermint
- Preheat oven to 350 F. and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl or stand mixer add all the wet brownie ingredients and mix with an electric mixer until smooth (1-2 minutes).
- Add in all dry ingredients except chocolate morsels (sift in cacao powder if desired). Mix until a thick batter forms then gently fold in chocolate morsels.
- Transfer to baking dish and bake at 350 F. for 18-23 min or until a toothpick comes out with a little fudginess (mine were perfect after 20 minutes).
- Let cool in the pan for 2 minutes then remove parchment paper with brownies and place on cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- Optional: While the brownies cool, make the white chocolate cream cheese frosting by melting the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for 20 seconds at a time and stirring in between until melted (be very careful not to overheat them or they will get clumpy and burn). You can alternately use a double boiler to melt the white chocolate. Once melted, add the softened vegan cream cheese and vegan whipped cream. Beat with an electric mixer until very smooth.
- Frost the brownies and add optional sprinkles or crushed peppermint. Enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If the brownies aren’t frosted you can keep them stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Recipe credit: Claire Woodhouse @secretlyhealthyhome