Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Chocolate Graham Caramel ApplesMakes 8 Caramel Apples
- 8 apples
- 8 sticks
- 1 c. dairy-free margarine
- 2 ¼ c. packed brown sugar
- 2 c. rice milk (or any dairy-free milk alternative of your choice)
- 1 c. brown rice syrup
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Vanilla Honey Graham Crunchy Cookies
- ½ bag Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 2 t. tasteless oil, such as sunflower or safflower
- candy thermometer
- Push the sticks into the apples and set aside.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the side of a heavy-bottomed 4-quart saucepan.
- Add the dairy-free margarine to the saucepan and melt.
- Next, add the brown sugar, rice milk, and brown rice syrup to the saucepan, and bring to a low boil.
- Keep at a low boil, frequently stirring (every 5-10 minutes) for about 1 to 1½ hours until your caramel reaches 240 degrees.
- Remove from the heat and carefully stir in the vanilla extract.
- Allow the caramel to cool slightly until it has thickened a bit, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crush the Enjoy Life Foods Vanilla Honey Graham Crunchy Cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. Set aside.
- Place the apples on a piece of parchment paper and prepare to dunk!
- Roll the first apple in the caramel, allowing extra to drip off. (You can also dip them twice in the caramel if you allow them to dry about 15 minutes between coats.)
- Then roll the apple in the crushed cookies while the caramel is still sticky.
- Set the completed apple aside to dry while you repeat the process with the remaining apples.
- Melt the Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels with the 2 t. oil.
- Drizzle the chocolate all over the tops of the apples.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat and enjoy!