Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Zucchini Tomato Tarteserves 6-8
- 1 Tbsp. Flax meal + 3 Tbsp. Warm water
- 1 ½ large bags Garlic & Parmesan Lentil Chips
- ½ c. favorite gluten free flour blend
- 3 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Olive oil or melted vegan margarine
- ¾ c. chickpea flour
- ¾ c. water
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Dried oregano
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 zucchini, sliced thinly
- ¼ sweet red onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 c. grape tomatoes, sliced or quartered
- Fresh basil to finish
- Whisk together the 1 Tbsp. flax meal + 3 Tbsp. warm water and let it sit 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Add the 1 ½ bags of lentil chips to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs.
- Add the gluten free flour blend, olive oil or melted vegan margarine and the flax-water mixture. Pulse until combined.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9” tart pan or a 9” pie plate.
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes just to set.
- While the crust is baking whisk together the chickpea flour, water, olive oil, salt and dried oregano.
- Pour into the pre-baked tart crust and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and arrange the sliced plum tomatoes, zucchini, red onion and grape tomatoes onto the top in a pretty pattern. Place back in the oven for another 25 minutes.
- Cool 20 minutes on the counter then garnish with fresh basil, slice and enjoy!