Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Monster Chicken FingersMakes 4 servings
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Foods Garlic & Parmesan Lentil Chips
- 1 T. garlic salt
- ½ C. tapioca starch
- 1 C. warm water
- 2 T. ground flaxseeds
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- Raw pumpkin seeds (shelled)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400°.
- Pour the Lentil Chips and garlic salt into a small food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Pour into a bowl.
- Pour the tapioca starch into another bowl. Pour the warm water into another bowl and add the flaxseeds.
- Arrange the bowls left to right, starting with the flour, then water, and then ground Lentil Chips. One at a time, coat the chicken in the flour, then quickly dip in the warm water, shake off extra water gently, then coat with the Lentil Chip mixture.
- Lay on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue in this manner until all chicken tenders are coated.
- To create the “monster nails”: gently insert the tip of a small, sharp knife into the more tapered end of the chicken tenders, just until you are about ¼ inch deep. Insert pumpkin seed into slit. Continue with remaining chicken pieces.
- Place in oven and cook at 400° degrees for 14-16 minutes until cooked through.