Brownie-Bottom Pumpkin Bars
Makes about 16 large bars
For the brownie mixture:
For the pumpkin mixture:
- 1 1/4 C. mashed pumpkin
- 1/4 C. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 C. gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t. ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch salt
For the topping:
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- To make the brownies, put the Brownie Mix in a large bowl. Add the cold water and oil. Stir until well mixed.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, prepare the pumpkin mixture. Put the mashed pumpkin, maple syrup, All-Purpose Flour, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt in a large bowl. Briskly whisk until well combined.
- After the brownies have baked for 15 minutes, remove from the oven. Dollop the pumpkin mixture onto the par-baked brownies, swirling throughout the batter.
- Bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the brownies comes out clean, and the pumpkin portions are firm to the touch. Let cool in the pan for at least 1 hour.
- To prepare the topping, put the Mini Chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat in 10 second intervals until melted and smooth. Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the top of the brownies.
- Carefully remove the brownies from the pan, then cut into squares.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and any other leftovers to the freezer.