These Walking Tacos can be eaten straight from a bag of your favorite Plentils! They’re a perfect gluten and dairy-free meal for taco night, and fun to make with the kids!
Makes 4 servings
- 4 0.8 OZ bags of Plentils (Sea Salt or Margherita Pizza flavors preferred)
- ½ small yellow onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 small zucchini
- ¾ lb. ground beef or ground turkey, or your favorite vegan alternative
- Your favorite allergy-friendly taco seasoning mix
- Assorted toppings: your favorite allergy-friendly cheese shreds, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado, cilantro
- Gently crush the Plentils in the bags, open the top and set aside.
- Place the yellow onion, carrot and zucchini in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Preheat a medium nonstick skillet. Add a light swirl of olive oil and add the chopped vegetables. Sauté until softened and all the water has been cooked off. Add the ground beef and continue to sauté with the vegetables until the ground beef is no longer pink.
- Add the taco seasoning mix (adding any water the instructions according to package direct you to) and simmer over low for about 5-10 minutes.
- Now the fun part-assemble! Everyone gets a bag of the crushed Plentils, then divide the meat mixture between each bag and top with desired toppings. Grab a fork and dig in!