- 1 box Enjoy Life Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 5 very ripe bananas
- 2 C rice milk or other dairy-free milk
- ¼ C tapioca starch
- 1 t gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 T agave syrup
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 T oil (Sunflower, Canola or other oil of your choice)
- ¼ C. Enjoy Life Foods Sugar Crisp Crunchy Cookies for garnish
- 1 container dairy-free topping (optional)
- Peel and mash four of the bananas.
- Add the vanilla to this and set aside.
- Slice the remaining banana into small disks and set aside.
- Slice each of the snickerdoodle cookies in half so you have two small circles for each cookie. Set aside.
- In a stainless steel saucepan, measure out the tapioca. Slowly whisk in the rice milk so that no lumps form. Add the salt and oil.
- Turn the heat on the stove and heat up the tapioca and rice milk mixture, whisking as it starts to get hot. When it comes to a boil, it will form a thick paste – make sure you whisk during this part of the cooking or you will get big lumps.
- Once it has come to a boil, whisk for 30 seconds and remove from heat. Immediately stir in the mashed bananas and the agave syrup until just incorporated into the tapioca – do not overstir.
- While the mixture is cooling, start assembling the pudding. In either six small ice cream dishes or a small-sized casserole, place the Snickerdoodle cookies and banana slices.
** If using individual serving dishes, place 4 cookie pieces in each dish, along with four small disks of banana. Pour the pudding over the cookies and bananas and top with a small sprinkling of crushed Sugar Crisp Crunchy Cookies.
** If using a casserole, line the bottom of the dish with alternating banana slices and cookie pieces. Spread the pudding over the whole thing, and garnish with the Sugar Crisp Crunchy Cookies.
Refrigerate until cool. The pudding will not set hard, but will be soft and creamy. Serve with your favorite non-dairy or dairy topping or as is. This should be made the same day it is served, but it will hold up for several days in a covered container in the refrigerator.