Marshmallow-Stuffed Mini Cookies on a Stick
This allergy-friendly recipe from Jerry James Stone & GFree Foodie
is sure to be a hit for kids of all ages!
Makes 24 cookies on a stick
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Mini Cookies
- 4 t. agar-agar powder
- ½ C. water
- 1 C. sugar
- ¼ C. aquafaba
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- ¼ t. cream of tartar
- 24 sticks
- Add ¼ cup of water to the 4 teaspoons of agar-agar powder and mix well, set aside.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and the remaining water to a small sauce pan and warm it over a medium low heat. Gently mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the sugar mix to a boil and then add in the agar mixture, mixing well. Increase the heat to keep the mixture boiling.
- While the sugar mixture boils for 2 minutes, add ¼ aquafaba and ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar to a large mixing bowl, and beat mixture until frothy.
- Once the sugar mixture has fully boiled for a few minutes, slowly add it to the aquafaba mixture while beating at the same time. Beat the mixture until it is fluffy like marshmallow cream.
- Add the cream to a piping bag. Pipe a dab of cream on a cookie, place the stick and then cover the stick with more cream. Then top off with another cookie.
- Do this for all of the cookies, then let them sit for about an hour for the cream to firm up.