Baked Caramel Apple Quinoa Porridge
Makes 6 servings
- 3 apples, cored and quartered
- 4 Enjoy Life Foods Caramel Apple Chewy Bars, quartered
- ¼ C. maple syrup
- 2 T. sunflower seed butter
- 1 t. cinnamon
- zest from ½ lemon
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 C. white quinoa, rinsed
- 1 C. favorite allergy-friendly milk
- 1 C. water
- optional toppings: pumpkin seeds, additional chopped Caramel Apple Chewy Bars, additional chopped dates, maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and set a 1.5 qt. casserole dish out.
- Add the quartered apples, quartered Caramel Apple Chewy Bars, maple syrup and sunflower seed butter to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to lightly chop and combine.
- Add the cinnamon, lemon zest, vanilla extract and white quinoa and pulse until combined.
- Add the allergy friendly milk and the water and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the casserole dish and bake for 50-60 minutes until outside edges are bubbling.
- Let the porridge sit about 10-15 minutes, scoop into bowls and serve with any additional toppings you’d like!