Adapted from www.KeeleyMcGuire.com
“Brunch for Lunch” is a family favorite in my house. It’s a nice change-up from sandwiches and traditional lunch fare.
I like to have the items ready by pre-baking pancakes with different mix-ins and freezing them so they’re ready to go when I need them for lunch (or a quick morning breakfast)!
By baking them, I can make them into fun shapes like mini muffins or a traditional round pancake shape (depending on the pans you have at your disposal) and make them in large batches in a short amount of time – rather than standing over a hot stove top for half a day trying to get them all completed.
1.5 Cups of Enjoy Life Foods Pancake + Waffle Mix
¼ teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of Vanilla
2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon of Oil
1 Cup* of Water (*note: this is less water than the box calls for)
Optional: Desired amount of mix-ins like blueberries or Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray pan cavities with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients – the Pancake + Waffle Mix & cinnamon. Blend together.
- Add the vanilla, oil, and water then mix until smooth.
- Optional: Add desired mix-in ingredients and blend into the batter.
- Fill mini muffin tin cavities about ¾ full with the batter.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool in the pan.
- To FREEZE for later use: Flash freeze the pancakes by spreading them evenly apart on a lined baking sheet and placing it in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Place pancakes in single serving portions in freezer bags and return to the freezer for use up to 1 month later.
- To REHEAT: Remove from freezer and reheat by warming them on a microwave safe dish for approximately 1 minute.
Recipe yields approximately 30 mini pancake muffins.