Summer Berry CrispsMakes 4 servings
- ½ C. gluten free, all-purpose flour
- 1 t. ground cardamom
- ½ C. sugar
- ¾ C. combination of chopped pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Foods Beach Bash® Seed & Fruit Mix
- ⅓ C. dairy-free shortening
- 18 oz. mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 t. tapioca starch
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ C. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place 4- 1-cup ramekins on top. Set aside.
- Put all the ingredients for the topping in a bowl and mix together with a pastry blender, a fork, or your hands. Mix until the shortening is evenly mixed through and the mixture feels a little sandy.
- In another small bowl mix together the berry filling, gently tossing until everything is coated with the sugar.
- Pour the berry mixture evenly into the 4 ramekins and top with ¼ C. of the crisp topping. (Save the remaining crisp mixture for another batch! Pop it in a baggie and throw it in the freezer, it will stay good for a few months.)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the berry juices are bubbling and the crisp is just lightly browned on top.
- Cool 10 minutes and then serve while warm!