Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Snickerdoodle Nice Cream with Caramel SwirlServes 4
- 5 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 8 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 4 T. warmed dairy-free milk
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- Place the banana slices inside a resesalable bag. Place in the freezer overnight.
- To make the caramel swirl: Add the pitted dates to a small bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 10-15 minutes. Add the soaked dates, 4 T. warmed dairy-free milk and the vanilla extract to the bowl of a large food processor. Turn on and whip until you have a smooth mixture. Scoop into a small bowl and set aside.
- Next, use your fingers to crumble the snickerdoodle cookies. Set aside.
- In the same large food processor bowl, pour all the frozen sliced bananas. Turn on the food processor and blend until the bananas look chopped up and a little stuck. Scrape down with a spatula and turn on again. You’ll repeat this process of blend-get stuck-scrape-blend-get stuck-scrape 5-6 times and then all of a sudden it will be a light and airy whip of delicious “nice cream!”
- Pour the nice cream into a bowl and mix in the caramel swirl and the crumbled Snickerdoodle Cookie chunks. Serve immediately or cover and keep frozen.
*If you keep in the freezer, when you are ready to enjoy allow the nice cream to sit at room temperature about 10 minutes before scooping into a bowl.