Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Rocky Road Snack MixMakes 1 large baking sheet
- 5 C. popped sorghum, quinoa, amaranth, or popcorn (see below for popping instructions)
- 2 C. coarsely chopped Enjoy Life Cookies
- 1 C. Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
- 2 T. allergy-friendly oil
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Foods Mountain Mambo Seed & Fruit Mix
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine your choice of popped kernels (see below for popping instructions) and crushed cookies in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, microwave the Mini Chips and oil in 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the kernel & cookie mixture, mixing well until coated. Stir in the Mountain Mambo.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Refrigerate or freeze until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Break into pieces and serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container at in the refrigerator for 2 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Place roughly 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to medium-high heat. Add three kernels of your choice: sorghum, quinoa, amaranth or popcorn. Once the kernels pop, reduce to medium heat. Add the remaining kernels, and shake the pot to coat them with the oil. Cover the pot. Let cook until the kernels begin to pop, then reduce to medium-low heat. Continue to cook, shaking the pan frequently, until the popping has slowed down, about 1 minute for amaranth, 2 minutes for quinoa, and 3 to 4 minutes for sorghum or popcorn. Remove from heat and transfer the kernels to a large bowl.