Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
“Nutty” Dark Chocolate Chip CookiesMakes about 4 dozen cookies
- ¾ C. shortening (Palm recommended)
- ½ C. quinoa flakes
- ½ C. Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Flax Cereal, crushed
- Flour Blend: ¼ C. + 2 T. sorghum flour, ¼ C. teff flour, ¼ C. buckwheat flour, ¼ C. tapioca starch, ½ t. xanthan gum
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. fine salt
- ¼ C. granulated sugar
- ½ C + 2 T. packed brown sugar
- 1 T. chia or flaxmeal + 3 T. hot water
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ½ C sunflower seed butter
- ½ C. toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 1 C. Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the quinoa flakes, crushed Enjoy Life Crunchy Flax Cereal, flour blend, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the shortening with the granulated sugar and packed brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the chia/flaxmeal and vanilla extract. Beat until combined. Add the sunflower seed butter and beat until combined.
- Add the chopped pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips and beat on low speed until mixed in evenly. Add the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or a teaspoon, scoop out the dough into 1” balls and roll. Place 1” apart on the parchment-lined sheets and bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes until set.
- Allow to cool and serve.