Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Monster Cookie Chocolate Barkmakes 8 servings
- Line a standard (18-x-13-inch) baking sheet with wax or parchment paper, and set it aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 8 oz of the mini white chips in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring after each heating. (Alternatively, melt in a double-boiler.) Drape a quart-sized plastic bag or piping bag over a large drinking glass, then pour the melted mini white chips into the bag.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate morsels in 30-second bursts in the microwave (or over a double boiler), stirring after each heating, until just melted and smooth. (Repeat the process with semi-sweet mini chips if using). Pour melted chocolate(s) onto the lined baking sheet, and using a spatula, spread it or swirl into an even layer about 1/4-inch thick.
- Snip off a small corner of the bag with the melted mini white chips, then pipe it out onto the chocolate base in stripes, covering the surface of the chocolate. Drag a spatula through the stripes of white and dark chocolate, creating a pretty pattern down the length of the chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still soft, quickly press the monster cookies into the surface of the chocolate, spacing them about 1 inch apart. Sprinkle mini white chips over top, and press the chocolate chunks gently into the chocolate.
- Place the sheet of bark in the fridge and allow it to set up for an hour, until completely solid. Cut or break it into large 2- to 3-inch pieces. Serve or store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
While adding the ingredients to the melted chocolate layer, it’s important to work quickly so that the chocolate doesn’t set up before the toppings have had a chance to stick. If the chocolate begins to set up, you can place the sheet pan in a warm (200° oven) for 2 minutes or just until softened.