Mediterranean Rice-Stuffed Tomatoes
- 1-2 C. cooked rice (we like long-grain white, but any will do)
- ¾ C Enjoy Life Foods Beach Bash® Seed & Fruit Mix
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ t. finely minced lemon zest
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ t. sea salt
- 1 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch cumin
- Pinch cayenne
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 3 large tomatoes, at least ½ lb. each (we prefer heirlooms, but any will work)
- Additional extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and pepper for drizzling
- Combine all of the above except the tomatoes in a bowl and toss until combined.
- Add additional salt to taste, if needed.
- Slice off the very top of each of the tomatoes, leaving enough to make a lid for the stuffed tomato. Hollow out 3 tomatoes, leaving a wall about 1/8” – 1/4” thick. From the removed sections, remove as much of the seeds as possible and finely chop up about half of it, and add it back into the salad.
- Discard the seeds, the remaining tomato, and the juice, unless more tomato is desired in the salad.
- Stuff the hollowed-out tomatoes with the rice salad and top with the tomato “lid.”
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper before serving.
- May be made several hours in advance.