Our gluten-free cookies are delicious eaten straight from the box, or when transformed into a pie crust!
Frozen Chocolate Blackbottom Pie
- ½ recipe Ganache-style glaze (recipe to follow)
- 1 Enjoy Life Double Chocolate Pie Shell (recipe to follow)
- 2 pints of two different flavors of nondairy ice cream, your choice
For garnish: chocolate chunks, extra cookie crumbs, non-dairy topping
Ganache-style glaze ingredients:
Double Chocolate Pie Shell ingredients:
Ganache-style glaze directions:
- Place chocolate chips in small bowl.
- Combine water, palm oil, sugar, and agave syrup in small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate chips, stirring continuously until the mixture is smooth.
- Use immediately or allow to cool for a thicker consistency.
Double Chocolate Pie Shell directions:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place entire package of cookies in food processor with sugar. Process until fine. Add oil 1 T at a time and process until crust becomes wet, but not soaked. If it is still dry after 3 T of oil, add 1 t at a time until wet and easy to handle.
- Place the crust in the middle of a full-size pie pan and with your fingers spread crust around pan, pressing as you go, making sure to have about 1/8″ of coverage over all surfaces – and no holes!
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until you can just smell chocolate aroma.
Main recipe directions:
- Prepare both the ganache recipe and the crust recipe. Keep the ganache at room temperature.
- Once the crust has cooled, place it in the refrigerator to cool completely. After 30 minutes, ladle about ⅓ C ganache in it and tilt the pie pan until the ganache is coating the bottom. Place pan in the freezer to set.
- Remove one of the ice cream flavors from the freezer. Place in blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour into the prepared pie shell. Place back in freezer.
- Once it has frozen, in about 1-2 hours, pour a layer of ganache over the top, removing excess. Place back in freezer to set.
- 2 hours later, blend or process the second flavor of non-dairy ice cream. Pour over the first layer. Place back in freezer to set. Once it has set, ladle more ganache over the top, until it has covered the ice cream completely. Garnish the top ganache layer with Semi- Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips or Mega Chunks, cookie crumbs, or anything else that you like. Place back in freezer.
- When ready to serve, place pan over stove for a moment to loosen up the pie shell from the
pan. Slice and serve.
- Will keep in the freezer up to a month if the temperature doesn’t fluctuate (if you are storing this in your kitchen’s freezer, it will last a few weeks).
Best if served within 1 week of making.