Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Double Peppermint Bark Chocolate Dipped Sandwich Cookiesserves 12
- 4 T. butter flavored shortening
- 2 ¼ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ t. peppermint oil or extract
- 2-3 T. dairy free, vegan milk
- 2 boxes Enjoy Life Foods Soft Baked Peppermint Bark Cookies
- ½ c. Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- ½ t. flavorless oil
- 8 candy canes, crushed in food processor
- Add the shortening, powdered sugar and peppermint oil/extract to a medium bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip until blended through. It will be very thick!
- Add the dairy free milk, little by little, until the frosting is the desired consistency.
- Use a spoon or a piping bag to spread a thick layer of frosting on the flat side of half of the cookies. Press together with another cookie and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the cookies in the refrigerator or freezer for an hour.
- Microwave the dark chocolate morsels with the ½ t. oil for 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Dip half the sandwich cookie in the chocolate, drizzling off excess chocolate. Then roll the chocolate dipped side in the crushed candy canes and place back on the tray. Continue with all remaining cookies.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour until set. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy!