Double Double Chocolate Pudding Tartlet
- 2- 6 oz. boxes Enjoy Life Foods Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- ½ C Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips (melted) – optional
- ½ C. sugar
- ¼ C. cocoa powder
- ⅛ t. salt
- 2 C. rice milk (plain)
- ⅓ C. Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- 3 T. tapioca starch
- 2 T. water
- 1 t. vanilla
- Garnish: ½ C. Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- In a mini muffin pan, press 1 cookie on bottom and up the sides of each cup
- Melt chocolate chips and “paint” the bottom of the cookie to keep the cookie from getting too soft.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- Over medium-low heat, gradually add the rice milk, about ⅓ cup at a time, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Cook until steam rises from the surface, but do not let the mixture boil.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the chocolate chips, stirring to keep the chips from settling on the bottom of the pan and burning.
- Remove pan from heat for about 3 minutes.
- In a small cup or bowl, combine the tapioca starch with 2 T. cold water, mixing to dissolve. Set aside.
- Stir chocolate mixture with a wooden spoon to incorporate the melted chocolate. Mix in the tapioca starch mixture and vanilla until well incorporated, and return the pan to the stove over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Cook until the mixture thickens, being careful not to scorch the bottom of the pot.
- Transfer the pudding into a heatproof dish and cool for about 20 minutes.
- Carefully spoon pudding into each cookie crust and place in the refrigerator. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with chocolate chips. Serve with whipped cream or whipped cream substitute, if tolerated.
*For a large pie, take cookies and press on bottom and up the sides of an 8” or 9” pie plate. Melt chocolate chips and “paint” the bottom of the cookie to keep the cookie from getting too soft. Add all of the pudding and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. To make slicing easier, place in freezer for 20-30 minutes.