Because there has never been a more perfect combination than creamy sunflower seed butter coated in rich, dairy-free chocolate.
Chocolate Sunflower Butter BallsMakes approximately 25 tablespoon-size balls
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sunflower seed butter, crushed Vanilla Honey Graham Crunchy Cookies, sifted powdered sugar and the 4 T. butter-flavored shortening, until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon or a small scoop, portion out all the dough onto the sheet tray. Gently roll between your hands to form a ball.
- Place the rolled sunflower seed butter balls in the freezer for at least 2 hours, up to 24.
- When ready to coat with chocolate, place a small pot on the stove with 1” of water. Bring to a simmer and place a glass bowl on top with the Mini Chips and the 2 T. butter flavored shortening. Stir, occasionally, until melted and smooth. Turn heat off but keep pot on stove.
- One by one, gently roll the frozen sunflower seed butter balls in the chocolate until all coated. Use a fork to lift balls out of the chocolate and allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Place back on the parchment/wax-lined tray and continue until all balls are coated.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour to set, then place in a re-sealable plastic bag and store in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy!