Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Apple Cider Donut Breakfast Bakeserves 8
- 2 T. vegan margarine
- 2 apples, diced
- 2 t. cinnamon, split
- 1/2 c. maple syrup, split
- 1 1/2 c. white quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 c. favorite allergy friendly milk
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Apple Cider Donut Soft Baked Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 2-3 quart baking dish or a 9×9 glass dish with vegan margarine or flavorless oil. Set aside.
- Melt the vegan margarine in a small nonstick pan. Add the apples and sauté 5-6 minutes until slightly softer.
- Add the cinnamon and 2 T. of the maple syrup and sauté another couple minutes until very soft and glossy.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except the cookies, into a large bowl. Mix with a whisk until blended through.
- Crumble the cookies into the quinoa mixture and gently mix. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Add half the apples to quinoa mixture and reserve the other half for the top.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes until set. Cool 10 minutes and then serve with the reserved maple sautéed apples!