Makes 36-40 mini cookies
- 1 C. sunflower seed butter
- ½ C. allergy-friendly shortening
- ¼ C. granulated sugar
- ¾ C. packed brown sugar
- 1 t. baking soda + 1 T. white vinegar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 ½ C. gluten free, all-purpose flour
- 1 t. guar gum
- ¼ C. hemp seeds
- 1 t. baking soda
- ¾ t. salt
- 1 C. Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer), mix the sunflower seed butter, shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium until well combined, about 3 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides and add the baking soda/vinegar mixture and the vanilla. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients from the All-Purpose Flour to Dark Chocolate Morsels.
- Add the flour blend to the shortening mixture and mix until combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop out a golf ball size chunk of dough and press into a thick round shape.
- Bake for 6 minutes, rotate sheets and the bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Let cool completely on the trays before moving to a container for storage.