Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
From Laurie Sadowski and Allergic Living comes this wonderful cake recipe, perfect for bringing a touch of class to your table.
White Mocha Latte Bundt CakeMakes One 12-slice cake
- Oil, for the pan
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee, room temperature
- 3 tbsp instant espresso
- 1 1/3 cup sorghum flour, plus more for dusting pan
- 1 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Foods White Baking Mini Chips
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup nondairy “buttermilk” (See Note)
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
Vanilla Coffee Glaze
- 3 tbsp strongly brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods White Baking Mini Chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- For the cake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 10-inch (12-cup) Bundt pan. Sprinkle with sorghum flour, tapping out excess.
- Measure instant espresso into the brewed coffee. Stir to dissolve.
- Add to a large bowl: sorghum flour, millet flour, tapioca flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Stir in the White Mini Chips.
- Make nondairy buttermilk, per Buttermilk Note below. Set aside.
- Put the sugar, oil, and vanilla in a stand mixer. On medium-low speed, beat until well combined. Add the coffee mixture. Beat once more until well combined.
- Scrape mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing evenly. Bake in center of the oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. The cake should be lightly browned and starting to pull away from the pan sides. The center will spring back when lightly touched.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, invert it directly onto a serving dish. Let cool to room temperature before making the glaze.
- For the glaze, in a medium bowl, mix together the coffee, vanilla, and salt. Add the confectioners’ sugar, whisking until mixture smooth.
- Spoon the glaze over the cake.
For the white chocolate drizzle, put the White Mini Chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until the mixture is smooth. Drizzle over the cake
For nondairy “buttermilk,” add 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar to a liquid measuring cup. Stir in enough nondairy milk to make 1 cup. Let sit for 5 minutes. Restir before using in recipe.
Prefer to use darker chocolate for this bundt? To create, simply use Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Mini Chips instead of the White Baking Mini Chips in both the cake and the drizzle.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe from Laurie Sadowski and Allergic Living. See more Allergic Living recipes.