Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Vegan Chickpea "Meatballs"18-20 vegan meatballs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ c. finely diced shallot
- 2oz of Enjoy Life Foods Sea Salt Lentil Chips (about 1/2 bag or 2 single serve bags)
- 2 Tbls. flax meal + 1/3 c. warm water
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbls. tomato paste
- ¼ c. fresh minced parsley
- 1 ½ Tbls. Dried oregano
- ½ c. gluten-free flour (rice flour is preferred)
- Olive oil for pan-frying
- 2 c. favorite tomato sauce, warmed
- 4 servings gluten-free pasta, cooked
- Optional: fresh basil
- Gently saute the minced garlic and diced shallot in a pan with olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grind up the Enjoy Life Foods Lentil Chips in the bowl of a food processor until they resemble crumbs. This should reduce to about 1 cup.
- In the food processor, add the garlic-shallot mixture on top of the Lentil Chip breadcrumbs. Also add the flax meal-water mixture, chickpeas, tomato paste, parsley, and oregano. Blend until super smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Scoop out into tablespoon-sized balls and roll until smooth. Then coat them all with the rice flour and set to the side.
- Preheat your pan over medium heat. Add a good swirl of olive oil, warm about 30 seconds, and then cook the rice flour coated chickpea balls in batches, careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Cook until golden brown on a few sides, approximately 5 minutes per batch. Tip: Do not let them sit on any one side for very long. It helps to turn them frequently.
- Serve with warmed tomato sauce and your favorite gluten-free pasta topped with fresh basil. You can also enjoy them in a sandwich or on top of a salad.