Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Hop on over and get into these Vegan Bunny Cupcakes that are completely Top 8 Allergen Free! Made with the new nut free & dairy free White Mini Chips and the classic Semi-Sweet Mini Chips for an epic Easter mash up!
Recipe by Make It Dairy Free
Vegan Bunny Cupcakes18 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups 1:1 Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
Frosting & Bunny Shapes:
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- In one bowl, stir together dairy free milk, apple cider vinegar, oil and vanilla. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, sift together gluten free flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner approximately ½ full. Bake for 15-20 or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before topping with frosting and bunny faces.
For the Frosting:
- Melt White Mini Chips in the microwave on 15 second increments stirring after each. Place 4 oz in a small bowl and with the remaining melted White Mini Chips, divide in two separate bowls evenly. Let cool for 10-15 mins until it is no longer warm to touch.
- While waiting to cool, in a large bowl, cream vegan butter with a hand mixer or stand mixer until whipped. Turn mixer to low and slowly add the cooled 4 oz of White Mini Chips, mixing until well combined.
- Next add in powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time until well combined. Then add salt and vanilla extract. Finally, turn mixer down once more and add dairy free milk to frosting. Slowly increase the speed of your mixer and let run for 30-60 seconds until desired piping consistency is reached.
For the Bunny Faces:
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper on a baking sheet. Place 1-3 drops of red food coloring into one of the remaining bowls of melted White Mini Chips and stir to turn pink.
- With a piping bag with a fine tip, add the remaining melted White Mini Chips and make 48 circles about the size of a dime.
- In another piping bag with a fine tip, add the pink chocolate and make 24 triangles slightly smaller than the circles.
- Lastly, with the melted White Mini Chips make 48 2-3 inch oval outlines, then lay down a toothpick so 2 inches is sticking out. Fill in with the remaining pink chocolate.
- Let cool completely.
- Make sure cupcakes are completely cool before pipping. Pipe a flat circle of frosting on the top of the cupcake.
- Push in 2 bunny ears. Add two Semi-Sweet Mini Chip chocolate eyes, one pink triangle for nose, and two white bunny cheeks.
- Repeat with remaining cupcakes! Serve!