Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Super moist & fluffy, allergy-friendly donuts, baked, not fried and covered in a double rich chocolate and white chocolate glaze then sprinkled with brownie bites and dried strawberries for the ULTIMATE springtime treat.
Recipe by @allergylicious
Triple Chocolate Donuts with Brownie Crumbles10 - 12 donuts depending on the size of the donut mold
- 1 cup flour (can sub with 1:1 gluten free blend)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (I used dark cocoa powder, but you can also use natural or regular)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk (can sub with coffee for a richer donut)
- ¼ cup neutral oil
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Foods White Mini Chips
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Foods Rich Chocolate Brownie Bites (crumbled into tiny pieces)
- ¼ cup dried strawberries (crumbled into pieces, but not powdered)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a 6 cavity donut pan non-stick spray.
- Pour the dairy free milk and vinegar into a glass measuring cup/bowl and set aside.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- To your “milk” mixture, add oil and vanilla extract, stir then pour into the flour mixture. Blend well with a hand mixer or wooden spoon, until combined.
- Spoon or pipe batter into the donut pan, filling about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the donuts look set on top. Let cool 2-3 minutes in the pan, then carefully flip transfer donuts to a wire rack, covered with parchment.
- In a microwave-safe, medium sized bowl, melt Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips for 30 seconds, stir then continue heating in 15 second intervals until smooth and melted.
- Dip top ¼ of cooled donuts into melted chocolate and either sprinkle with crushed Enjoy Life Foods Rich Chocolate Brownie Bites or dip to coat then lay on parchment, chocolate side up. Repeat with the rest and place in fridge to set while preparing the mini white chip glaze.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt Enjoy Life Foods White Mini Chips until smooth. Remove donuts from fridge and 1 by 1, coat the other side by dipping into melted white chips, laying the chocolate side on the parchment paper then sprinkle white-coated side with crushed dried strawberries.
- Let donuts sit until chocolate glaze settles, then enjoy!
Notes: You can use semi-sweet chocolate mini chips or dark chocolate chips. Short on time? Coat 1 side in chocolate then drizzle melted white chocolate on top. Sprinkle with a mixture of Brownie Bites & crushed strawberries.