Texas Sheet Cake
- 2 C. favorite gluten free flour blend
- 1 t. guar gum
- 2 C. granulated sugar
- 2 t. baking power
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 2 T. flax meal+ 6 T. warm water
- ½ C. dairy-free milk + 1 t. lemon juice or plain vinegar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 C. water
- ½ C. vegetable oil
- ½ C. vegan margarine
- Heaping ¼ C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a rimmed 18×13” tray with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, guar gum, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the flax-water mixture, the milk-lemon juice mixture and the vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Add the water, vegetable oil, vegan margarine and cocoa powder into a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour the flax-milk-vanilla bowl into the saucepan and mix together.
- Pour this into the flour bowl and, using a whisk, mix until smooth. Pour into the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the cake is baking prepare the frosting (You must pour the hot frosting over the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven or it won’t spread). Add the vegan margarine, the Mini Chips and the milk to a medium saucepan and stir until all melted together.
- Cup by cup add the powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over cake immediately after removing from the oven and smooth with a spatula.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before serving.