Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Salted Date Caramel Chocolate HeartsMakes 36 mini hearts
- 10 fresh medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/4 C. dairy-free milk
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 t. flaky sea salt
- 1 1/2 bags Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 2 t. flavorless oil
- Additional flaky sea salt for garnish
- Add pitted dates to a heat safe bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5-10 minutes until they are totally soft.
- Add the softened dates to the bowl of a small food processor and add the dairy free milk, vanilla extract and sea salt. Blend until light and silky smooth adding more of the dairy free milk as you would like for texture.
- Melt the dark chocolate morsels together with the flavorless oil either in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Spoon a small amount into each well of the heart molds (*sprinkle additional sea salt onto chocolate here if you’d like) and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set. Remove, spoon a small amount of the salted date caramel, smooth as best you can with the back of a spoon then place back into the freezer for another 10 minutes. Remove, spoon just enough of the melted chocolate to completely fill each heart well and smooth. Place back in freezer for another hour or so to completely set through.
- Pop out of the molds onto a tray and then place in a resealable container and store in the refrigerator for up to one week!