Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip CookiesMakes approximately 24 Cookies
- 2 C. gluten-free, all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ t. guar gum (or ¾ t. xanthan gum); only add if not contained in your gluten-free flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. ground ginger
- ¼ t. nutmeg
- ¾ C. packed light brown sugar
- ½ C. granulated sugar
- ¼ C. shortening
- 1 C. pumpkin puree
- 1 flax egg or chia egg (1 T. ground flax or chia seed + 3 T. hot water)
- 1 ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 C. Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the gluten-free flour, guar gum (if needed), baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together the light brown sugar, granulated sugar, shortening and half the pumpkin puree for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining pumpkin puree, flax or chia egg, vanilla extract and Mini Chips and mix until combined.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the flour mixture and pumpkin mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop out cookie dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove and place on a cooling rack. Store in a tightly covered container for up to 5-7 days.