Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
If you love the lemon desserts – then you need to try this allergy-friendly Lemon Loaf topped
with dreamy, melted Enjoy Life White Mini Chips! It’s refreshing, moist, bursting with bright
lemon flavor and so delicious. No butter, eggs, nuts or dairy needed for this springtime favorite.
The recipe was contributed by @allergylicious.
Lemon Loaf with Melted White Mini Chips
Lemon Loaf Ingredients:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup neutral vegetable oil (like canola or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (can sub with vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods White Mini Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line a standard-sized loaf pan with parchment paper. Make sure
the sides of parchment extend over the 2 longer sides of the pan to create handles, making
it easier to remove from pan once baked.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Add oil, dairy-free milk, lemon juice, lemon extract and zest. Fold tougher until all the dry
ingredients and lump free.
4. Pour batter into baking loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted
in the center comes out clean.
5. Let loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack to finish
cooling. Place in refrigerator to speed up the waiting time.
6. After loaf has cooled, make the white chocolate glaze.
7. Place @enjoylifefoods White Mini Chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 30
seconds. Stir and if its not quite melted through, repeat in 15 second intervals until white
chocolate is smooth and pourable.
8. Drizzle, pour or spread on top of lemon loaf then top and sprinkle with extra White Mini
Chips if desired.
Store in a sealed container at room temperature for 3-4 days or refrigerate up to a week.
To freeze, wrap cooled loaf or slices in plastic wrap then store in a freezer-bag up to 3 months.