Heart Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake1 Cookie Cake
- ½ c. allergy-friendly margarine (softened)
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbls. ground flaxseed + 3 Tbls. hot water
- 2 1/3 c. gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ package Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
- ½ package Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- ½ c. freeze-dried strawberries or 2 Tbls. beet powder or allergy-safe red food coloring
- 4 Tbls. allergy-friendly margarine
- 2 c. powdered sugar (sifted)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbls. allergy-friendly milk
- Preheat oven to 350 and brush oil on the bottom of an 8” heart-shaped cake pan, sprinkle some gluten-free flour blend on top and shake to coat. Set aside.
- Add the softened margarine, brown sugar and granulated sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Turn on and whip for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. *can also do this in a bowl with a hand mixer.
- Add the vanilla extract and the flax seed-water mixture, blend for 1 minute.
- In another small bowl, mix together the gluten-free flour blend, baking soda, and salt. Add to the margarine mixture and mix until combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add both mini chips and dark chocolate morsels and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Scoop into the prepared heart-shaped pan and, using damp hands, press into the pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until lightly golden on top and set. Cool at least 1-2 hours.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting. Pour the freeze-dried strawberries into the bowl of a small food processor and turn on until you have a strawberry powder. Set aside.
- Add the allergy-friendly margarine and the sifted powdered sugar to a medium bowl and use a hand mixer to whip.
- Add the strawberry powder or the beet powder or food coloring) and blend until thoroughly mixed in.
- Add the vanilla extract and the milk, little by little, until you reach the consistency you’d like for your frosting.
- Decorate your cake with the frosting for Valentine’s Day and enjoy!