Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Double Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakesmakes 6-8 servings
For the Shortcakes
- 2 cups oat flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy free plain unsweetened yogurt
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 TBS strongly brewed coffee or espresso (or water)
- ½ cup + ¼ cup Enjoy Life Ricemilk Baking Morsels, divided
For the Topping
- Fresh strawberries
- Dairy free whipped topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While the oven preheats, add all of the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix together (except for the chocolate chips).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix again until the batter is smooth. Gently fold in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Scoop the shortcake batter with a ⅓ cup measuring cup and place on the lined baking sheet. This recipe makes 6-8 shortcakes. Make sure to space the shortcakes several inches from each other as they will rise once in the oven.
- Sprinkle the shortcakes with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the shortcakes bake, slice the strawberries and place in the fridge to chill.
- After 15 minutes, remove the shortcakes from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Once the shortcakes are cooled, slice them in half. Simply place the shortcakes on a cutting board and gently glide a serrated knife through the middle of the shortcakes.
- Layer the shortcakes with whipped topping and the chilled sliced strawberries.
If you don’t want to use coffee/espresso in this recipe you can use 2 TBS water or dairy free milk instead. The coffee simply helps to enhance the chocolate flavor and give the shortcakes a richer flavor. I highly recommend it!