Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Dark Chocolate Silk Piemakes 1 9-inch chocolate pie
IngredientsFor the pie crust
- 1 ½ cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 5 tbsp vegan butter, cut into cubes
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cold water
For the chocolate filling
- 9oz Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter
- ¼ tsp salt (use ½ tsp if using unsalted sunflower seed butter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- First, make the pie crust. Add the gluten-free flour, vegan butter, salt, and cold water to a bowl. Use a fork to cut in the butter and mix the dough together. Once the dough is formed, wrap it in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to chill for 2+ hours.
- After 2+ hours, remove the dough from the fridge. Add the dough to a large piece of parchment paper and cover it with a separate piece of parchment paper. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin or water bottle (roll over the parchment paper, not directly on the dough).
- Keeping the dough on the parchment paper, transfer the dough to a large baking sheet. Place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour. Once the dough has chilled, remove it from the fridge. Remove the top layer of parchment paper and place a pie plate upside down over the dough. Place one hand under the bottom layer of parchment paper and one hand on top of the pie plate. Flip the dough and pie plate so that the dough sits perfectly inside the pie plate. Remove the parchment paper, smooth out the dough, and crimp the edges with a fork.
- To prevent the dough from puffing up while baking, place a sheet of parchment paper over the pie dough and place a small pie plate (or pie weights) directly on top of the parchment paper.
- Bake the pie crust for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Remove the crust from the oven and let it cool.
- While the crust is cooling, make the chocolate filling. Add the dairy-free milk and dark chocolate morsels to a saucepan and heat over low heat until the chocolate is melted, stirring frequently so the chocolate doesn’t burn. Remove from the heat and add in the pure vanilla extract, salt, and sunflower seed butter. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the pie crust and smooth it out. Place the pie in the refrigerator to chill for several hours, or until firm. Once chilled, remove from the fridge and top with dairy-free whipped topping.
- Slice the pie and enjoy! Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Recipe credit: @thebigleybasics