Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Ruthanne Bigley @thebigleybasics contributed this lovely Irish-inspired recipe. Vegan, gluten free and nut free. This is the perfect healthier and allergy friendly treat to make just-in-time for St. Patrick’s Day! Full recipe below.
Creme De Menthe Brownies 🌱makes 25 brownies, cut 5x5
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, melted (I used @enjoylifefoods allergy friendly dark chocolate morsels)
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp mint extract
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBS pure maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp spirulina (for the green color)
- 1 cup (6oz) dark chocolate chips (I used @enjoylifefoods allergy friendly dark chocolate morsels)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Mix brownie ingredients together in a big bowl and then transfer the batter to an 8×8 square dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake brownies at 350F for 35 minutes and then let brownies cool completely.
- Once brownies are completely cool, mix together the mint filling in a small dish until smooth. Spread mint filling over the brownies and freeze brownies for 1 hour (or refrigerate for several hours).
- Once the mint layer is hardened, make the chocolate layer. Heat the water in the microwave or on the stovetop and then remove it from the heat. Stir in the chocolate chips until they are melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the frozen mint layer and refrigerate the brownies until the chocolate layer is hardened.
- Slice and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge for 4-5 days.