Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Cinnamon-Spiced Apple BreadMakes 1 loaf
- ¾ C. organic cane sugar
- ¼ C. packed brown sugar
- 1/3 C. neutral oil (e.g. canola, grapeseed, safflower)
- 2 flax eggs (2 T. ground flax meal mixed with 6 T. hot water)
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ¼ C. dairy-free milk
- 2 C. gluten free, all-purpose flour
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice (traditionally cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice)
- 1 ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 2 C. finely chopped apples
- ½ t. xanthan gum or 1 t. guar gum
- topping: 3 T. demerera sugar + ¼ t. ground cinnamon + ¼ t. ground cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease and flour a 1-pound loaf pan.
- Beat the sugar, brown sugar, and oil together in a mixer for 2–3 minutes until blended through. Add the flax eggs, vanilla extract, and dairy-free milk and mix another 1–2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the All-Purpose Flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Add to the sugar-oil mixture and blend until all mixed through.
- Fold in the apples and pour into a parchment-lined loaf pan. Sprinkle over the spice topping mixture to coat the top.
- Bake for 40–50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool a few minutes and enjoy warm!