Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
You are going to love this super easy, allergy-friendly chocolate custard nice cream recipe using Enjoy Life chocolate! It’s the perfect dessert to cool you off on a hot summer day or whenever you want a sweet treat you can feel good about. This creamy, chocolate nice cream beats store-bought any day and will be your new favorite chocolate nice cream!
Recipe by @allergylicious
Creamy Chocolate "Nice" Cream Sundaemakes 12 cups
- 2 1/4 c unsweetened vanilla oat milk, flax milk or dairy free milk of choice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 bags (10 ounces) Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of pink sea salt
- Dairy-free Whip Cream
24 hours before starting, place the ice cream container in the freezer.
Make the chocolate custard:
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, whisk together all of the ingredients. Whisk until the chocolate has completely melted into the dairy-free milk.
- Remove chocolate custard from heat and allow the mixture to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes. *I like to bring the temperature down quickly by transferring into a glass bowl sitting in another bowl of ice.
- Transfer the bowl of custard to chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, or until completely cool! Nice cream will not form properly if it is still warm.
Make the nice cream:
- Once your chocolate custard is chilled, pour the custard into the ice cream container and turn the machine on. Follow the instructions of your ice cream machine but my specific ice cream maker took about 30 minutes to churn.
- Once the nice cream has thickened, transfer the nice cream to a freezer-safe storage container and store in the freezer.
Make the nice cream sundae:
- Melt 1 cup of Enjoy Life Foods Semi Sweet Mini-Chips in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir then heat for an additional 30 seconds. Stir again until smooth.
- Add 1 scoop of chocolate nice cream into the bottom of the serving dish.
- Layer with dairy-free whip.
- Add melted chocolate chips then repeat steps, ending with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle it with mini chocolate chips.
- Serve & enjoy!