Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Chocolate Dipped Cinnamon ShortbreadMakes 36-40 bars
- 3 sticks vegan butter
- 1 ½ T. cinnamon
- 3 ½ C. gluten free, all-purpose flour
- 1 c. sifted powdered sugar
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 t. xanthan gum or 2 t. guar gum or 2 T. psyllium husk
Chocolate for Dipping
- 1 c. Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 2 t. flavorless oil
- Preheat oven to 300˚F. Line the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add all the cookie ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer and lock the bowl. Gently incorporate the dry ingredients into the vegan margarine and keep mixing until you have a nice dough, about 2-3 minutes.
- The dough should be just tacky to the touch but if the dough is too sticky, add more flour tablespoon by tablespoon until it reaches the right consistency.
- Press the dough into the lined 9×13 dish and pat down with damp fingers.
- Use a knife to score the dough into sticks, making 3 rows lengthwise and then 12 rows widthwise, so you end up with 36 cookie sticks.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately cut fully into the lines that you scored. If you wait until they are cooled, you will break the cookies.
- Melt the dark chocolate morsels with the oil either on the stove in a double boiler or the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring between.
- When the shortbreads are cooled, one by one, dip the end in the melted chocolate and lay on wax or parchment paper. Continue until you’ve dipped them all. Place in refrigerator to set and then store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks in a cool place.