Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Chocolate Dipped Buckwheat CookiesMakes 20-24 cookies
- 1 c. toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 c. buckwheat flour
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. baking powder
- 1 c. vegan margarine
- 2/3 c. powdered sugar
- 2 t. vanilla extract
Chocolate and Toppings
- 1c. Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 t. flavorless oil
- ½ c. cacao nibs
- 2 T. poppyseeds
- Add the pumpkin seeds to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until they are finely ground. Add the buckwheat flour, salt and baking powder and pulse until combined.
- Whip together the vegan margarine and powdered sugar in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the flour in two additions, mixing until combined. Divide into two balls, flatten into disks, wrap in plastic and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake: preheat oven to 350. Remove the disks from the refrigerator and allow to soften slightly for about 20 minutes on the counter.
- Roll into a square shape about ¼ inch thick and cut into square cookies. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes until just lightly golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling melt the chocolate and the oil either in a double boiler or in the microwave for 30 second intervals.
- One by one dip half the cookie, at an angle, into the chocolate. Lay back on the parchment paper and then sprinkle with some of the cacao nibs and the poppyseeds. Finish with the rest of the cookies then place in the refrigerator to set.