Chocolate Covered Doughnut HolesMakes 24 doughnut holes
For the doughnut
- 1 ¼ cups sorghum flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- ¼ cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
For the coating and assembly:
- 1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
- 1/4 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Oil a mini muffin pan.
- Put the sorghum flour, millet flour, sugar, tapioca flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Put the nondairy milk, oil, vanilla extract, and vinegar in a liquid measuring cup. Whisk to combine. Pour the mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared pan, filling each one about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, until golden brown on the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer each one to a wire rack to cool completely before coating.
- To coat the muffins, put the Mini Chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat in 10 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Carefully coat each muffin into the chocolate by immersing it in the chocolate completely, then putting it back onto the pan to set. They will firm at room temperature, but you can refrigerate or freeze them to speed the process.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and any other leftovers to the freezer.