Black Bean Brownies with Dark Chocolate Drizzle8-12 brownies
1 – 15 oz can of black beans rinsed and drained
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
3 flax eggs or equivalent vegan egg substitute
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbs gluten-free flour or oats
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods Dark Morsels
1 tsp vegan butter
Optional sprinkles or crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place black beans, sugar, cocoa powder, vegan butter, vegan eggs, salt, baking powder, and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process on high for several minutes until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times as you go.
- Add gluten-free flour or oats and Enjoy Life Mini Chips and pulse to just combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely before topping.
- Melt Enjoy Life Dark Morsels and vegan butter in a small bowl in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, stirring frequently (more tips on melting chocolate).
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of cooled brownies and sprinkle with optional sprinkles or candies.
- Let drizzle cool before serving.
Thanks to Professional Chef Julie Hartigan for sharing this recipe. Visit Julie at CookingwJulie.com