Makes 16 bars
- 1 stick vegan margarine, softened
- ¾ C. packed brown sugar
- 1 T. flax meal + 3 T. warm dairy-free milk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ C. gluten free flour blend
- 1 t. guar gum or 1 T. psyllium husk
- ½ t. salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line an 8x8” baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the vegan margarine and the brown sugar to a bowl and whip together with a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the flax meal and milk mixture and the vanilla and mix another minute.
- In a small bowl, stir together the gluten free flour blend, guar gum and salt. Add this to the margarine-sugar mixture and beat with hand mixture until well combined.
- Stir in the Dark Chocolate Morsels and Mega Chunks by hand and then scoop into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.