Whether it’s for your family, friends, or just yourself, there’s no better way to show you care with something loaded with chocolate. Folks do need their chocolate, so it’s awesome that Enjoy Life Foods makes sure everyone can have the good stuff!
Between our cookies, bars, and Brownie Mix we house a lot of chocolate over here. But our baking chocolate is the number one ingredient for making simple “recipes” on a whim for taking care of that Valentine’s Day gift giving.
Here are our top six ways – including the easiest recipe for a heart-shaped treat – to use our baking chocolate that’ll guarantee an “I Love You” on February 14th (and beyond!)
- Vanilla frosting layered between chocolate and strawberries? Yes, please. These Valentine’s Day Chocolate Strawberry Cups can be made in advance, don’t require any oven time, and have just the right hint of pink.
- Chocolate and raspberries are a classic duo, and sometimes, a duo is all you need! These Chocolate-Filled Raspberries require only two ingredients and a careful hand, but make for the best topping for morning pancakes or a light dessert.
- There’s something about eating a dessert off of a stick that makes it just that much better. Enter Brownie Pops, a treat that never gets old. All of the steps—making the brownies, rolling the balls, and dipping—can be made ahead of time, so this is an easy recipe to work into the busiest of schedules!
- If you want to fill a pie crust, top a cake, or make a cookie sandwich, the Chocolate Avocado Mousse can work itself into any dessert. You can, of course, eat it with a spoon, too – so you might as well just make a triple batch and enjoy it all week long.
- Step one: Melt chocolate. Step two: Dip Plentils. Step three: Eat. Trust me here… that sweet and salty combination is a winner in these Dark Chocolate Covered Plentils. You can freeze any leftovers for later snacking, but chances are, there won’t be a single one remaining.
- Need a little more Valentine’s Day flair? Our Super Simple Loaded Heart-Shaped Bark fits the bill. The recipe, below, is simple and classic, and you can use any add-ins you have on hand.
Too complicated? Don’t worry: your Valentine’s Day won’t suffer. For those that need a last minute fix, our Baking Chocolate Snack Packs will at least score you a meaningful hug.
Super Simple Loaded Heart-Shaped Bark
Makes one 9×11” pan
- 2 bags Enjoy Life Foods Baking Chocolate
- 1/4 C. dairy-free buttery spread
- 1 1/2 C. Enjoy Life Foods Seed & Fruit Mix (Beach Bash or Mountain Mambo), divided
- 1 1/2 C. coarsely chopped Enjoy Life Foods Soft Baked Cookies, divided
- 1 1/2 C. coarsely chopped Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Cookies, divided
- Line a 9×11” pan or baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine the Baking Chocolate and dairy-free buttery spread in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30-seconds intervals, stirring between each interval. Repeat until melted and smooth.
- Combine 1 cup of the Seed & Fruit Mix, 1 cup of Soft Baked Cookies, and 1 cup of Crunchy Cookies in a large bowl. Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the cookie mixture, mixing well.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the remaining Seed & Fruit Mix, Soft Baked and Crunchy Cookies.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes, until set.
- Use a heart-shaped (or other) cookie cutter to cut.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
About Laurie Sadowski
Laurie Sadowski is the author of three cookbooks devoted to gluten-free, vegan, and allergy-friendly baking. Using baking chemistry as a basis, everything is developed—and guaranteed—to taste ‘just like the real thing’. For more, visit lauriesadowski.com.