Makes One 9x9 Pan
- ¼ C. melted allergy-friendly shortening
- 1 C. shredded zucchini, measured with the liquid already pressed out
- 1 flax egg (1 T. flaxmeal + 3 T. warm water)
- 2 T. water or favorite dairy-free milk substitute
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ C. Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour Mix
- ½ C. quinoa flakes
- ½ C. cooked white quinoa
- 1 t. guar gum or ½ t. xanthan gum
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ C. Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
- Optional toppings: ¼ C. toasted pumpkin seeds, ¼ C. raw amaranth, ¼ C. Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the shortening, zucchini, flax egg, water and vanilla. Mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients, except for the optional toppings, from the All-Purpose Flour through the Mini Chips.
- Pour flour mixture into the shortening mixture and stir until well combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with optional toppings.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotate dish and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan, cut into squares and enjoy!