You’ll never know this cake is made without flour. It’s also gluten-free and dairy-free. INGREDIENTS:
- 1 box (1 1/4 cups crumbs) Enjoy Life Foods Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 1 C gluten-Free flour mixture (listed below)
— 2 C white rice flour
— 3/4 C potato starch (not potato flour)
— 1/4 C tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla (gluten-free)
- 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 3/4 C water
egg substitute (listed below)
— 2 tablespoons ground golden flax
— 4 tablespoons water
— 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Dark Chocolate Ganache:
- 8 oz Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- 4 oz shortening (Spectrum)
- 1/2 C vanilla rice milk
- 1/3 C cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour/starch
- 2- 9″ cake pans
- Mix cocoa powder and tapioca flour, set aside.
- Combine the first 2 ingredients (through vanilla rice milk) in a microwavable container.
- Heat for 30 seconds, stir. Continue until chips are melted.
- Stir in cocoa powder mixture and reheat in microwave until warmed through.
- Beat until smooth.
- Prepare two 9″ cake pans by lightly greasing the pans, then line with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment paper too.
- Blend the egg substitute together and let sit for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally, mixture will get thick upon standing, set aside.
- Crush cookies in a food processor to fine crumbs, set aside.
- Blend crushed cookie through xanthan gum.
- Add vanilla through egg substitutes. Beat for 2 minutes, mixture will get a little thick.
- Divide batter into the two pans, approx. 1 1/2 cups per pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 15-20 minutes until the center comes out clean when tested.
- Cool on a wire rack until cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Ice the cakes with ganache icing.