Wild Mushroom & Sage Pinwheels
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms
- 1/2 C. sliced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C. white wine
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Pizza Crust Mix
- 1 T. oil + more for brushing flatbread
- 1 1/4 C. water
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place mushrooms in a food processor, pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer the chopped mushrooms to an oiled stovetop pan and sauté for 7-8 minutes over medium-high heat until slightly brown. Add shallots, garlic and a dash of oil. Sauté until softened.
- Add white wine and cook until the wine is almost completely reduced. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the sage leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Prepare the Pizza Crust Mix as instructed on the box to make a dough. Split into two balls.
- Using a rolling pin, roll one ball out into a 12x6" rectangle. Save the other ball for another use.
- Brush the rolled out crust with about a tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder and a pinch of salt. Evenly spread the mushroom mixture across the entire crust.
- Starting at one of the long ends, gently roll up the crust with the mushroom mixture inside. Gently squeeze the roll to make sure it's firmly packed.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log into 1" slices and lay each on its side on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle lightly of brush with oil.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes until lightly golden. Serve warm.