- 1 C fresh blueberries
- 1 C fresh raspberries
- 1- 8 oz container cream cheese or dairy-free alternative*
- 2/3 C sugar
- 1/4 C eggs or substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk or dairy-free alternative (rice or soy milk)
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C water or fruit juice
- 1/2 tsp agar agar powder (gum)
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 crust
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Pour blended pie filling into prepared crust and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Blend the sugar, Agar, and tapioca together.
- Add the water or fruit juice until blended.
- Stirring constantly, over medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Cool slightly (about 1 minute).
- Spoon glaze over berries and gently toss to coat (may have glaze to spare).
- Spoon coated berries on top of the prepared pie.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hour before eating. Pie is best eaten the same day.
*Feel free to use other fruit too – like peaches or cherries. If using apples or pears, pre-cook them first before adding the glaze.
**Dairy-free option: use 1 (8 oz.) package of Tofutti’s Better Than Cream Cheese (plain non-hydrogenated) (contains soy) in place of cream cheese.