Warm up with this gluten-free and dairy-free take on a classic comfort food. The Garlic & Parmesan Plentils in this recipe add the perfect touch to this allergy-friendly spin on a timeless favorite!
Makes 4 servings
- For the Main Recipe:
- 1/2 C. chicken stock
- 2 T. ground flax
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 T. dried oregano
- 1 t. salt
- 1 ½ lbs. ground turkey
- 1 T. tomato sauce
- For the Topping:
- 2 T. tomato sauce + 1 T. brown sugar or maple syrup + 1 t. dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a small bowl, mix together the warmed chicken stock and ground flax. Set to the side while you prepare the rest of the meatloaf.
- Preheat a medium sauté pander 1 minute. Add 1 T. olive oil and then the diced yellow onions. Sauté 4-5 minutes until translucent. Add the minced garlic and sauté another minute. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add the chicken stock/flax mixture, the ground Plentils, the dried oregano, salt, ground turkey and tomato sauce. Mix together with your hands until evenly combined and then press into an oiled loaf pan.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Mix together the topping of tomato sauce, brown sugar and dried oregano and pour over the top.
- Bake at 375° for 60-70 minutes. Remove and cool 10 minutes. Slice and enjoy!